Update (10/03/2014): This position has been filled. To see currently available job openings, please refer to the Employment Opportunities page.
Title: Press Room Supervisor
Reports To: Plant Manager
Du-Co Ceramics Company, a manufacturer of custom engineered ceramic components for OEM’s, is seeking a Press Room Supervisor to oversee dry pressing operations for the facility in Saxonburg, PA.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Press Department in accordance with established procedures.
- Responsible for production using methods per the engineered routes in accordance with established procedures or as directed by the General Manager or other executive management and making recommendations for process improvements/route modifications based on current capabilities.
- Responsible for reviewing off standard conditions (low rate or high scrap) in department, investigating and determining root cause, and reporting same along with corrective and preventative actions to the Plant Manager. May request assistance from Engineering department, as necessary.
- Responsible for the requisition of departmental supplies as required and in accordance with established procedure.
- Oversee the initiation, completion, and updates of Press Set-Up Cards.
- Supervises all production personnel working within the department; responsible for knowing and enforcing company rules, regulations, and policies.
- Responsible for performing random but routine audits of department in accordance with established procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing and reporting equipment issues resultant from periodic inspections, as well as breakdowns, etc. with the Maintenance Supervisor and forward those issues to the Plant Manager.
- Attends regularly scheduled production staff meetings and reports any concerns or potential issues. Also documents/investigates those concerns, discussing, when necessary, with the Plant Manager and QA Manager.
- May be assigned other miscellaneous duties as required by supervisor and/or executive management.
Education and Experience: These requirements are at the discretion of the General Manager, but generally include an AS/Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) and 3-5 years of related experience. Preference given to applicants who also have education/experience related to ceramic materials processing.
Compensation: This is a full time, salaried position with a comprehensive benefit package. Salary to be established commensurate with education and experience.
Travel Requirements: This position is located in Saxonburg, PA. Travel is not a normal requirement of this position.
Skills Requirement: Additional to possessing the required education and experience this person must:
- Have strong analytical and decision making capabilities, including ability to multi-task and oversee numerous simultaneous processes
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Have a highly developed sense of integrity and reliability
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbal and in writing
- Be strongly detail oriented and have good listening skills
- Have ability to handle complaints and personnel issues professionally and effectively
- Have ability to deliver suggestions for improvement and/or criticism in a constructive manner
- Have a strong work ethic and team player mentality