Update (02/10/2014): This position has been filled. To see currently available job openings, please refer to the Employment Opportunities page.
Title: Plant Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Du-Co Ceramics Company, a manufacturer of custom engineered ceramic components for OEM’s, is seeking a Plant Manager for a facility in Saxonburg, PA.
- Oversees the safe and effective operation of the manufacturing facility:
- Serves as the Safety Director and leads the Joint Safety Committee as per established procedures, involving senior management personnel and/or approved third party contractors as necessary.
- Oversees the processing of production work orders in accordance with established standard operating procedures to meet company objectives:
- Ensures that all work orders in all departments are being completed and closed as required and needed.
- Ensures that all work orders are processed in accordance with engineering standards.
- Provides for investigation of off standard conditions per established criteria.
- Responsible for production using method per the engineered routes in accordance with established procedures or as directed by the General Manager or other executive management and making recommendations for process improvements/route modifications based on current capabilities.
- Coordinates Tuesday morning meetings with, and attended by QA Manager and Engineering personnel, as required, to provide updates on any unresolved issues their departments are working on. Also review new issues that have recently come up, discuss, and assign to the appropriate person for follow-up.
- Participates in the on-going management review of production rates and standard scrap with the continual goal of improving throughput while maintaining required quality. Issues an internal request for corrective action when warranted by encountered production quality problems.
- Coordinates with Engineering rep and the QA Manager in bi-weekly MRB meetings when technical support is required regarding issues in production to review and develop a solution. May also participate in review with Engineering and Sales regarding current capabilities and lost opportunity.
- Supervises production management personnel. Must be able to perform the functions of production supervisors during periods of absence.
- Oversees departmental staffing requirements and coordinates with supervisors the scheduling of personnel in accordance with production needs, involving the General Manager as required.
- Responsible for review of variance reports with department supervisors to effect corrective action, as necessary, for off schedule, low rate, and high scrap conditions.
- Responsible for knowing and enforcing all company rules, regulations, and policies. Consults with General Manager or other executive management, as appropriate, when an interpretation of said rules, regulations, and policies is required.
- Recommends changes or updates to company rules, regulations, and policies when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining all manufacturing buildings, equipment, and processes and to make recommendations in support of continuous improvement and/or cost reduction.
- Responsible for labor relations and responses to grievances from union through Step 2.
- Attends Material Review Board Meetings and is a member of the Management Review Team.
- May be assigned other miscellaneous duties as required by supervisor and/or executive management.
Education and Experience: These requirements are at the discretion of the General Manager, but generally include a BS/Industrial Management (or equivalent) and 3-5 years of related experience.
Compensation: This is a full time, salaried position with a comprehensive benefit package. Salary to be established commensurate with education and experience.
Travel Requirements: This position is located in Saxonburg, PA. Travel is not a normal requirement of this position.
Skills Requirement: Additional to possessing the required education and experience this person must:
- Have a highly developed sense of integrity and reliability
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbal and in writing
- Be strongly detail oriented and have good listening skills
- Have ability to handle complaints and personnel issues professionally and effectively
- Have ability to deliver suggestions for improvement and/or criticism in a constructive manner
- Have strong analytical and decision making capabilities
- Have a strong work ethic and team player mentality