Update (04/25/2014): This position has been filled. To see currently available job openings, please refer to the Employment Opportunities page
Title: HR Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Du-Co Ceramics Company, a manufacturer of custom engineered ceramic components for OEM’s, is seeking an HR Manager to oversee Human Resource functions for all company locations.
- Responsible for the safety programs for the company:
- Serves as the Safety Director and leads the Joint Safety Committee as per established procedures, involving senior management personnel and/or approved third party contractors as necessary.
- Responsible for the Human Resource functions of the company:
- Maintains and enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Oversee the maintenance of historical human resource records, keeping past and current records, using appropriate filing systems (paper and/or digital) and making recommendations for system changes as needed.
- Oversees the recruitment and selection of qualified applicants for hourly production positions. Assists with the recruitment and selection of qualified applicants for management positions.
- Maintains a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program.
- Analyzes exit interviews and makes recommendations for changes to improve employee retention.
- Oversees the orientation process for new hires.
- Establishes and maintains a training program for common policies and procedures.
- Oversees management of the correspondence course training program.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with all laws and regulations governing employment.
- Monitors and implements applicable human resource federal and state requirements.
- Conducts investigations (Due to Harassment, Discrimination, or other employee concerns).
- May consult with outside legal counsel, when advised, for advice, guidance, or clarification.
- Responsible for maintaining and overseeing the administration of the employee benefits programs.
- Studies and assesses benefit needs and trends.
- Recommends benefit program modifications to senior management.
- Directs the processing of benefit claims.
- Obtains and evaluates benefit contract bids for new programs or renewals.
- Designs and prepares educational resources on benefit programs.
- Oversees the initiating of disciplinary action for hourly production personnel due to violations of the attendance policy.
- Participates in labor negotiations.
- Assists with labor relations and responses to grievances from union through Step 3.
- Member of the Management Review Team.
- May be assigned other miscellaneous duties as required by supervisor and/or executive management.
Education and Experience: These requirements are at the discretion of the General Manager, but generally include a BS/BA in HR Management (or equivalent) or certification from the Human Resources Certification Institute and 3-5 years of related experience.
Compensation: This is a full time, salaried position with a comprehensive benefit package. Salary to be established commensurate with education and experience.
Travel Requirements: This position is located in Saxonburg, PA. Some travel will be required to the subsidiary location in Monroe, NC.
Skills Requirement: Additional to possessing the required education and experience this person must:
- Have a highly developed sense of integrity and reliability
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbal and in writing
- Be strongly detail oriented and have good listening skills
- Have ability to handle complaints and personnel issues professionally and effectively
- Have ability to deliver suggestions for improvement and/or criticism in a constructive manner
- Have strong analytical and decision making capabilities
- Have a strong work ethic and team player mentality