Update (4/23/2015): This position has been filled. To see currently available job openings, please refer to the Employment Opportunities page.
Title: Ceramic Process Engineer
Reports To: V.P. Engineering
Du-Co Ceramics Company, a manufacturer of custom engineered ceramic components for OEM’s, is seeking a Ceramic Process Engineer for a facility in Monroe, NC.
Essential Duties (Ceramic Engineering):
- Responsible for managing, auditing, and controlling material batch cards
- Support Sales and Estimating in material and process recommendations
- Recommend improvements to existing materials as required or requested
- Manage testing and implementation of recommended material improvements as approved and prioritized by Engineering and Production
- Recommend and implement improvements in material processing and controls as prioritized by Engineering
Essential Duties (Process Engineering):
- Support Estimating in overseeing and troubleshooting new part production runs and recommend and implement improvements
- Support Production and Quality with troubleshooting production processes as requested
- Recommend improvements to existing production processes for review by Engineering and Production
- Develop new production processes as identified by Production and prioritized by Engineering
- Implement and support the implementation of new or changed processes, equipment, systems, or fixtures
May be assigned other miscellaneous duties as required by supervisor and/or executive management.
Education and Experience: These requirements are at the discretion of the General Manager, but generally include a BS/Ceramic Engineering (or equivalent) and 3-5 years of related experience in manufacturing.
Compensation: This is a full time, salaried position with a comprehensive benefit package. Salary to be established commensurate with education and experience.
Travel Requirements: This position is located in Monroe, NC. Travel is not a normal requirement of this position.
Skills Requirement: Additional to possessing the required education and experience this person must:
- Have a highly developed sense of integrity and reliability
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbal and in writing
- Be strongly detail oriented and have good listening skills
- Have ability to handle complaints and personnel issues professionally and effectively
- Have ability to deliver suggestions for improvement and/or criticism in a constructive manner
- Have strong analytical and decision making capabilities
- Have a strong work ethic and team player mentality