Update: This position has been filled. To see currently available job openings, please refer to the Employment Opportunities page.
Immediate Opening: To apply, send resume to: Lrothen@du-co.com
Education Requirement: BS in Accounting
Technical Skills and Experience: Prior supervisory experience in accounting area including, but not limited to, general ledger and payroll. Must be PC proficient and experienced with Microsoft Excel and Word. Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required. The successful candidate must have the ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Job Overview: The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to the accounting functions and financial reporting needs of the Company and will oversee all accounting tasks and activities. The Accounting Manager supervises one staff accountant and is a resource to non accounting office personnel performing accounting related tasks as is typical in a small company. This person must meet deadlines, performs and/or oversees a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, pension administration and financial reporting and is expected to utilize internal and/or external resources to keep current on regulations (ie, CPA firm).
Annual Salary Commensurate with Education and Experience. Full time position with comprehensive benefit package.
Responsibilities and Duties Overview:
- Responsible for the accounting functions of the Company in accordance with established procedures, practices and following generally accepted accounting principles ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Supervises and monitors the daily activities of the accounting department and coordinates the efforts of non accounting department personnel as relates to their performance of various tasks related to and affecting the integrity of accounting data generated, including, but not limited to invoicing, customer returns, contract administration, benefits administration, and vacation scheduling.
- Provides training to new and existing staff as needed, establishes department performance goals and objectives for each year and recommends the implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow.
- Responsible to maintain all required financial records and oversees the performance of all reporting assignments in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations related to the financial operations of the Company.
- Responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge of all financial reporting requirements of the Company and initiating system change, involving IT as needed, to be in compliance with all such requirements. Maintains relationships with resource personnel (ie, CPA firm, banks, pension advisors, etc.), as approved by senior management, in order to facilitate this knowledge base.
- Responsible for generation and communication of information required by the CPA firm engaged by the Company in order to produce reviewed financial statements for the Company.
- Responsible for analyses of Company data as per established procedures and/or as requested and assigned by executive management from time to time.
- Member of the Management Review Team per ISO 9001-2008 quality certification registration.
May be assigned other miscellaneous duties as required by executive management.