Update (10/05/2016): This position has been filled. To see currently available job openings, please refer to the Employment Opportunities page.
Title: Die Shop Supervisor
Reports To: Plant Manager
Du-Co Ceramics Company, a manufacturer of custom engineered ceramic components for OEM’s, is seeking a Die Shop Supervisor to oversee machine shop and Tool & Die operations for the facility in Saxonburg, PA.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Tool & Die Shop at the Saxonburg headquarters facility in accordance with established procedures.
- Responsible for the implementation of departmental practices and procedures as recommended and authorized.
- Responsible for the production and repair of dies and tooling needed by production departments to produce parts and the fabrication of replacement parts for the repair and rebuild of equipment.
- Supervises all departmental personnel; responsible for knowing and enforcing company rules, regulations and policies.
- Responsible for the training and performance evaluation of all die shop personnel.
- Responsible for analyzing die shop labor requirements and recommending changes to the Plant Manager when needed.
- Responsible for outsourcing die and tooling work to third party vendors when needed due to capability or resource limitations.
- Responsible for performing random but routine audits of assigned department in accordance with established procedures.
- Responsible for reviewing and reporting equipment issues resultant from periodic inspections as well as breakdowns, etc. with the Maintenance Supervisor and forward those issues to the Plant Manager.
- Attends regularly scheduled production staff meetings and reports any concerns or potential issues and documents/investigates those concerns and discusses, when necessary, with the Plant Manager and the QA Manager.
- Responsible for the requisition of department supplies and equipment for the efficient functioning of the Die Shop in accordance with established procedures.
- Responsible for the Tool & Die Shop calibration program.
- Provides technical support and assistance to tool and die facilities at other company locations when needed.
- Provides estimated costs of tooling when requested.
- May be assigned other miscellaneous duties as required by supervisor and/or executive management.
Education and Experience: These requirements are at the discretion of the General Manager, but generally include training in CNC Programming and Operation, primarily for lathes and mills, and at least 3-5 years of related experience, including supervisory experience. Preference given to applicants who also have education/experience related to the operation of manual lathe and milling equipment and blueprint reading.
Compensation: This is a full time, salaried position with a comprehensive benefit package. Salary to be established commensurate with education and experience.
Travel Requirements: This position is located in Saxonburg, PA. Travel is not a normal requirement of this position.
Skills Requirement: In addition to possessing the required education and experience this person must:
- Have strong analytical and decision making capabilities, including ability to multi-task and oversee numerous simultaneous processes
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Have a highly developed sense of integrity and reliability
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbal and in writing
- Be strongly detail oriented and have good listening skills
- Have ability to handle complaints and personnel issues professionally and effectively
- Have ability to deliver suggestions for improvement and/or criticism in a constructive manner
- Have a strong work ethic and team player mentality
To Apply Visit: Employment Opportunities