Update (01/18/2018): This position has been filled. To see currently available job openings, please refer to the Employment Opportunities page
Title: Ceramic Process Engineer
Reports To: V.P. Engineering
Du-Co Ceramics Company, a manufacturer of custom engineered ceramic components for OEM’s, is seeking a Ceramic Process Engineer for its headquarters in Saxonburg, PA.
- Responsible for managing, auditing, and controlling material batch cards
- Support Sales and Estimating in material and process recommendations
- Recommend improvements to existing materials as required
- Responsible for the development of new material formulations as required
- Manage testing and implementation of recommended material improvements as approved and prioritized by Engineering
- Recommend and implement improvements in material processing and controls as prioritized by Engineering
- Support Production and Quality with troubleshooting production processes as requested
- Recommend improvements to existing material production processes for review by Engineering and Production
- Responsible for maintaining correct inventory levels of Raw Materials
- Responsible for maintaining and auditing all material related procedures
May be assigned other miscellaneous duties as required by supervisor and/or executive management.
Education and Experience: These requirements are at the discretion of the V.P. Engineering, but generally include a BS in Ceramic Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering, or a related area of study. Experience in the field of technical ceramic manufacturing a plus, but not specifically required for consideration.
Compensation: This is a full time, salaried position with a comprehensive benefit package. Salary to be established commensurate with education and experience.
Travel Requirements: This position is located in Saxonburg, PA. Minimal travel, up to 10% of work hours, may be required.
Skills Requirement: Additional to possessing the required education and experience this person must:
- Have a highly developed sense of integrity and reliability
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbal and in writing
- Be strongly detail oriented and have good listening skills
- Have ability to handle complaints and personnel issues professionally and effectively
- Have ability to deliver suggestions for improvement and/or criticism in a constructive manner
- Have strong analytical and decision making capabilities
- Have a strong work ethic and team player mentality